This is the schedule for the last Juhannus ’18 celebrations.
Friday, June 22
- 9 a.m.-3 p.m. (possibility to continue after 3 p.m. if needed)— Jouhikko building workshop with Alice Margerum, Finnish American Heritage Center, Hancock. $135 per person. (includes all materials except bow).
Session includes a break for lunch. Students are responsible for their own lunch.
** Note: Class continues on Saturday, June 23 **
Saturday, June 23
- 9 a.m. — Jouhikko building class continued; completion of this class entitles students to seat in the jouhikko playing workshop later today.
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tori+, Quincy Green, Hancock. Tori+ brings Farmer’s Market/Arts & Crafts fair to Quincy Green in festival atmosphere. Sponsored by Copper Country Community Arts Center.
- 11 a.m. – Midsummer pole ceremony, Quincy Green, Hancock. Program includes demonstration by Jepokryddona.
- 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. – Minuet dance workshop by Jepokryddona, Finnish American Heritage Center, Hancock. Participants to process in to FAHC following demonstration on Quincy Green. $10 per person/$15 per couple.
- 4-5:30 p.m. – Folk music workshop with Jepokryddona, at Misery Bay School, Toivola. $10 per person.
- 5:30-6:30 p.m. – Jouhikko playing workshop with Clare Zuraw, at Misery Bay School, Toivola. $10 per person, unless enrolled in jouhikko building workshop.
- 7-9 p.m. – Evening dance with music by Jepokryddona, Agate Beach, Toivola.
- 9 p.m. – Lighting of the Juhannus kokko, Agate Beach, Toivola.
Sunday, June 24
- 2 p.m. – Concert by Jepokryddona, Jacobsville Chapel, Jacobsville. Come as you are, pay as you can.
All events subject to change.
- To register for any of the workshops, call (906) 487-7549.