Thank you for your interest in attending Finlandia University! Below is the admissions process and contact information.
Online International Application (no application fee)
SEND ALL OTHER APPLICATION MATERIALS to:
International Admissions | Finlandia University
601 Quincy Street| Hancock, MI 49930 USA
- AFFIDAVIT OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT: Print this form, fill in all information, affix signatures of applicant AND sponsor (and bank official), and then send original.
- FINANCIAL STATEMENTS: Send original or certified copies of a notarized or certified letter of support from the student’s sponsor AND recent, official bank statement showing sponsor’s available funds. Costs at Finlandia University range from $28,400- $31,500 USD for educational and living expenses for one academic year (two semesters).
- PASSPORT: Copy or scan the picture page of your passport (may be sent to email@example.com).
- TRANSCRIPTS: Official secondary school transcripts (grade report) and Certification of Secondary School Completion (or final state exam scores) with English translation. (Certified copies are acceptable, but original final transcripts with English translation must be brought or sent to Finlandia before enrollment can be completed).
- TRANSFER STUDENTS: ALL official post-secondary (university or tertiary, institute, certificate school, etc.) transcripts must be signed by the school official and sent by the school directly to Finlandia University in a sealed envelope. See address below. Grade Key should be printed on transcript. Certification of Secondary School Completion should be included. Official (English) translation should be certified and included, if necessary. Grade point average and eligibility for academic scholarship will be calculated by international admissions staff at Finlandia University.
- PERSONAL STATEMENT: Explain your career goals and your reasons for choosing Finlandia University. Discuss your work and volunteer experience, and any sport, theater, music, art or hobby interests (1 typed page maximum). If you have been out of school for more than 10 months, include reference letters from employer, volunteer supervisor, and/or former instructors or advisors. Send with your other application materials. Please write full name and date on statement.
- ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST: International students must demonstrate English proficiency to enter a degree-seeking program at Finlandia University. Finlandia requires international applicants to send one of the following official scores for admission to degree programs. Scores must be fewer than two (2) years old.Students may demonstrate English proficiency in any of the following ways:
- Minimum English proficiency test scores:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): 79 iBT
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): minimum 6.0 overall band score (minimum 6.0 writing and speaking portion)
- Duolingo Engish Test – Minimum score of 58
- International Baccalaureate, grade of 5 in English at the Higher Level
- General Certificate of Education, grade of A, B or C in English from one of the five British-based examining boards
- SAT 1 minimum 420 writing, 500 critical reading, (Finlandia University Institution Code Number for submitting TOEFL and SAT test scores: 1743)
- PTE minimum 53 (NOTE: score reports available in 5 days)
- STEP (Japan only) “STEP Pre-1st” allows for admission to any undergraduate degree program; “STEP 2A” allows for conditional admission to degree program (ESL or English language program required).
- Successful completion of either four years of upper secondary school or one year of full-time tertiary (university-level) education from the list below:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- New Zealand
- St. Kitts (St. Christopher) and Nevis
- St. Lucia
- St. Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sierra Leone
- *South Africa
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom
- Virgin Islands
- Minimum English proficiency test scores:
* English language proficiency test will only be waived for applicants from English language educational systems.
OPTIONAL HEALTH FORM
This form is REQUIRED for Student-athletes. If you are considering playing any sports or joining a team, please complete this form before arrival. Most students find it much easier to complete the health requirements and obtain the required signature in their own country.
Finlandia accepts applications and admits students on a rolling basis, but to be considered for Fall (August) Semester enrollment, all required application materials must be received by Finlandia University Admissions by June 15. Students should plan to arrive on campus the third week of August.
To be considered for Spring (January) semester enrollment, all required application materials must be received by Finlandia University Admissions by October 15. Students should plan to arrive on campus in early January.
Please address any questions you may have to our international admissions team at firstname.lastname@example.org.