- This event has passed.
MCEDSV Title IX Training Day 2
August 24, 2017 8:30 am - 11:30 am EDT
The Michigan Coalition to End Domestic and Sexual Violence is pleased to present Title IX Training
August 23-24, 2017
- Wednesday 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Title IX is a landmark federal civil rights law that prohibits gender discrimination and sexual harassment in educational institutions that receive federal funds. Though enacted in 1972, many institutions could still do much more to appropriately define, understand, and uphold the rights to non-discrimination and safety provisions outlined in Title IX. This training will explain the parameters of sexual assault, domestic and dating violence, and stalking, and will walk trainees through how your institution prohibits and responds to such offenses. In addition, the training will provide learners with information about the laws surrounding Title IX, while also expressing how employees can responsibly, sensitively, and efficiently work to create a healthy learning environment that benefits everyone on campus and upholds those laws.
Schedule & Agenda
Wednesday: Student Leaders Training in Finlandia Hall
- 6 – 8 p.m., Bystander Intervention, Trauma, Mandatory Reporting
Thursday: Title IX Training for RA’s, Staff and Faculty in Jutila Center Room 323
- 8:30 – 9:30 a.m., Understanding Title IX
- 9:30 – 10 a.m., Mandatory Reporting vs. Confidential Sources
- 10 – 10:30 a.m., Intersections and LGBTQ
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m., Bystander Intervention