- This event has passed.
January 28, 2017 10:00 am - 9:00 pm EST
A full day of events is scheduled in downtown Hancock for Heikinpäivä 2017! Check the full schedule below or by visiting the Heikinpäivä 2017 Website.
- 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. — Tori Market, Finnish American Heritage Center
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. — Vipukelkka (Whipsled), kicksleds, mölkky, World’s Largest Kicksled, more! Quincy Green.
- 11 a.m. – Parade, downtown Hancock. (Employees and students should line up at La Cantina restaurant at 10:30 a.m.)
- Following parade — Wife-carrying contest and kicksled races, Quincy Green. Prizes.
- 3 p.m. — Polar Bear Dive, Hancock waterfront near Copper Island Beach Club. Prizes. (CANCELED)
- 3 p.m. — Closing reception for “Kalevala – Boatlore,” Copper Country Community Arts Center
- 7 p.m. — Heikinpäivä iltamat (hors d’oeuvres dance), Finnish American Heritage Center. $12 per adult; under 16 free. Music by Wilho Kilpelä & Friends
Learn more about Heikinpäivä at http://www.finnishamericanreporter.com/heikin_page/.