- This event has passed.
Diversity Dinner at Finlandia Hall Cafe
February 9 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm EST
|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every day that begins at 4:30 pm, repeating until February 10, 2023
All are welcome to Diversity Dinner Week 2023! From 4:30 to 7:00 p.m,, February 6-10, Finlandia’s Dining Services will be serving up traditional foods from around the world. Dinners are free for Finlandia University students with a meal plan and $10 for everyone else. Proceeds will be used by Finlandia’s Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee to continue efforts toward diversity and involvement in Finlandia’s neighboring community and at the university.
2023 Diversity Dinner cuisine options will include:
- Monday, Feb 6 – Puerto Rico – Pollo Guisado (Chicken Stew), Pernil (Roasted Pork), Red Beans & Rice, Chef’s Choice. The dessert will be Tres Leches Cake.
- Tuesday, Feb. 7 – Germany – Jaeger Schnitzel (Pork Cutlet), Kielbasa & Kraut, Spaetzle, German Potato Salad. The dessert will be German Chocolate Cake.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 – Ireland – Shepards Pie, Corned Beef & Cabbage Boiled Dinner, The dessert will be Irish Cream Brownies.
- Thursday, Feb. 9 – Mexico – Chicken Enchiladas, Beef Barbacoa Tacos, Elotes (Mexican Street Corn). The dessert will be Churros.
- Friday, Feb. 10 – Canada – Poutine, Hawaiian Pizza (Actually invented in Quebec!) The dessert will be Nanaimo Bars.
Available daily, in addition to the entrees, will be a traditional salad and deli bar, and Chef’s choice vegetable of the day.