Work-Study "How-To" Process to Gain Employment
1) All students must have been awarded work-study and have completed and returned the employment packet they received by the deadline. If you did not receive a packet through the mail, you will want to pick one up from the Office of Financial Aid. YOU CANNOT BEGIN WORKING UNTIL THIS INFORMATION AND YOUR FINANCIAL AID PACKET HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED TO THE OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID.
2) Look over the list of available job openings and pick out a number of jobs the would interest you. Contact the supervisor of that department to check for availability, schedule compatability, and any possible qualifications that may be required. The list of job postings will be mailed in the employment packets, posted around campus, and available on the "Job Posting" link on this web page.
3) Secure a job with the supervisor of that job opening and have them sign the Student Assignment Sheet. SUPERVISORS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HIRE YOU UNDER THE WORK-STUDY PROGRAM UNLES SYOU HAVE A STUDENT ASSIGNMENT SHEET. This is enclosed in your employment packet and also available in the Office of Financial Aid.
4) Have the Work-Study Assignment Sheet returned to the Office of Financial Aid.
5) Plan a schedule with your supervisor and begin working at your new job. The departments will be supplied with time sheets for you to fill out. Please note the due dates on all time sheets. In order to guarantee your paycheck is not delayed, all time sheets must be turned in by this date.
*THE OFFICE OF FINANCIAL AID MUST HAVE A COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT PACKET AND A SIGNED STUDENT ASSIGNMENT SHEET IN YOUR FILE (ALONG W/ A COMPLETED FINANCIAL AID FILE) BEFORE YOU CAN BEGIN WORKING!