Title: Part Time Data Entry Clerk
Department: Business Office
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer
Status/Type: Part-time (12 months) / Non-exempt/ 20 hours/wk
Position Summary: The Part Time Data Entry Clerk is assists in the data entry process for the University’s Empower database, and the daily operations of the university mail center and switchboard under limited direct supervision.
- One year of experience working in an office setting
- Strong data entry skills and experience
- Proven ability to enter and edit data with precision.
- Ability and experience working with confidential data
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Ability and experience working under minimal supervision
- Demonstrated customer services experience
- Availability to work flexible schedules and be able to multi-task according to priorities.
- Ability to lift packages up to 50 pounds.
- Experience using the Empower data base or another permanent record keeping system.
- Experience working in mailroom, shipping, or receiving department
- Knowledge of postal regulations and procedures and related equipment
- Proven abilities in communications both verbally and written
- Comfortable with working with both internal and external customers
- Experience using a multi-line telephone or switchboard system
- Primary function is to input demographic data into the University’s data base system to maintain accurate records for special population groups, including alumni and donors.
- Receives data from several points of contact within the University, and inputs the data according to the procedures for data entry contained in the Data Clerk Job manual.
- Manage the daily operations of the university mail center and switchboard
- Process inbound and out bound mail including pickup, sorting, delivery
- Provide photocopying services for various departments as requested
- Answer and direct phone calls received on the switchboard.
- Process mass mailing for special events and campaigns
- Prepare monthly reports pertinent to the operations of the mail center
- Maintain mailroom supplies and prepare requisitions
- Supervise, guide, and direct the work of assigned student workers assigned to the mail center.
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees and external constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Karin Van Dyke, Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7344, Karin.firstname.lastname@example.org
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply please send resume to:Angela Price
Chief Financial Officer
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930