Title: Enrollment Officer
Location: Hancock MI or Regional Placement in Lower Michigan
Supervisor: Director of Admissions
Status/Type: Full-time (12 month)/Administrative-Non- Exempt
Position Summary: The Enrollment Officer is responsible for acting as a liaison between the university and prospective students and their families. This position requires an individual who can work independently in recruiting students and in collaboration with program chairs and faculty deans. The Enrollment Officer is a professional representative of the university and is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner consistent with the university’s desire to promote a positive image and provide quality student service. The Enrollment Officer actively participates in marketing the university and working with a variety of campus departments. Other duties determined necessary to maximize student enrollment and retention will be assigned.
Our mission is to be a learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service. Finlandia University is committed to offering liberal arts-based, globally connected, international, ecologically sensitive, spiritually engaged, and career-focused baccalaureate and associate degree programs, as well as community education opportunities. A dynamic Lutheran institution located in the pristine beauty of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, the university fosters intellectual challenge, open dialogue, service to others, and an entrepreneurial response to a world characterized by change. With a diverse faculty and student body, the university provides a connection to contemporary Finland and celebrates its Finnish-American and community roots. The university works to provide a nurturing, caring community focused on connecting theory and practice to the service of human beings and to good stewardship of natural resources.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Good driving record and valid driver’s license
- Successful experience in sales, marketing, and communications
- Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, organizational, and computer skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity, and a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends as required
- Availability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally as required
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencing enrollment and program growth and program development
- Master’s degree and/or evidence of further professional development
- Previous experience working in a university admissions office
- Previous work experience as an educator in a primary, secondary, or collegiate setting
- Proven track record building relationships with educators in local, regional or national school systems
- Event planning experience
- Knowledge of financial aid policies and procedures
- Assist the Admissions Department with implementation of the student recruitment portion of the university’s marketing strategic plan in a way that translates the university’s mission and vision statements into sound student recruitment strategies
- Assist the intercollegiate Athletic program coaching staff with recruitment, enhancing the process to continue the enrollment growth of quality student athletes
- Perform administrative duties including development and completion of progress reports for the Director of Admissions
- Accommodate a fluctuating working schedule that may include both evening and weekend responsibilities
- Manage the recruitment activities for academic departments/programs by traveling to and attending college fairs and other recruitment events, and by visiting high schools as a representative of the university
- Plan recruitment activities and other special events in collaboration with deans, program chairs, faculty, and staff to ensure quality representation of the university’s programs
- Develop positive relationships and work closely with student financial services, housing, advising, academics, athletics, and the registrar on enrollment and recruitment activities
- Consistently conduct follow-up meetings, calls, emails, and texts, monthly at minimum, with all applicants to ensure successful matriculation
- Plan and develop travel itineraries and corresponding details necessary for attending recruitment events, including flight arrangements, car rentals, and lodging arrangements.
- Collect and prepare proper documentation for reconciliation and reimbursement of expenses
- Guide students through the entire college application process including application completion and gathering required documents.
- Meet specific recruitment and enrollment goals per semester as set by the Director of Admissions
- Participate as an active member of university committees, as requested
- Complete additional tasks as assigned by the Director of Admissions
- Adhere to university policies and procedures
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external university constituents
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Perform other duties as required
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Karin Van Dyke, Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7344, Karin.firstname.lastname@example.org
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
E-mail a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position along with a resume:Collin Saint-Onge
Director of Admissions
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930