Title: Administrative Coordinator for Academic and Student Affairs
Department: Office of the VP for Academic Affairs (Provost)
Supervisor: VP for Academic Affairs
Status/Type: Full time
The Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs provides daily operational, administrative, managerial, and clerical support for the VP for Academic Affairs and the Dean of Students. The Administrative Coordinator will also provide a high level of customer service, professionalism and support for the units through all types of business correspondence, assist with planning and/or special events and complete other office responsibilities such as process mail, order supplies and maintain filing systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience as an assistant to a senior-level supervisor
- Excellent communication skills: oral and written
- Detail-orientated work style, including ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to take direction and also work independently
- Problem-solving aptitude and initiative
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail functions
- Three years’ experience as an assistant to a senior-level supervisor
- Previous experience in a higher-education institution
- Experience with computer information/data systems
- Assist the VP for Academic Affairs with operational administrative duties, including (but not limited to):
- Oral and written communications from the office of the VP
- Maintaining the office records for the VP’s office, including meeting minutes, BoT reports, assessments, faculty files, and other documents.
- Work with Communications and Marketing to maintain updated websites for Academic Affairs and Student Affairs, including the Faculty Resource page.
- Organize, attend, and prepare official minutes for:
- All-campus faculty meetings
- Academic Council meetings
- Assist with preparing Board of Trustees’ reports, agenda and resolutions for the academic and student affairs committees (May and September). Attend meetings and take minutes if requested.
- Request and archive syllabi.
- Coordinate annual faculty appointment letters with Human Resources.
- Oversee day to day operations of the VP and Dean’s offices, including mail, office supplies, and reception duties.
- Prepare and process check requests, room set up sheets, expense reports, food service requests, and oversee use of office charge card.
- Assist the Dean of Students with scheduling DSS, CLEP and ICE testing and maintain/process testing paperwork.
- Assist the Dean of Students with periodic projects, events, or activities related to retention, student life, engagement, new student orientation, and academic success.
- Assist the Dean of Students with Maxient data entry and processes.
- Assist VP and Dean of Students with assessment reports, collecting and collating data, formatting data reports and tables.
- Assist VP with periodic projects, events, or activities that may be assigned to the office, such as catalog revision, Faculty Handbook updates and distribution, new faculty and student orientations, assessment.
- Assist VP and others on campus with Adverse Weather Closure procedure.
- Member of the Academic Achievement Committee – work with Assistant Registrar to coordinate meetings, oversee nomination process for student honors, and assist with the set-up and management of the annual Honors Banquet, Baccalaureate, and Commencement ceremonies.
- Work collegially and professionally with students, employees, and external constituents.
- Demonstrate support for and engagement with Finlandia’s strategic vision to become more fully a whole learning community accompanying the whole student toward a whole life.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by the academic and student affairs leadership.
As a learning community Finlandia University recognizes and affirms the dignity and worth of all people and cultures. We will strive to provide an institutional climate that does not perpetuate or tolerate forms of discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, developing and retaining a qualified and diverse faculty, staff and student body.
Finlandia University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion, veteran status, familial status, height, weight, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law in admissions, employment, athletics, programs, and activities. The following person(s) has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies or gender equity concerns: Karin Van Dyke, Title IX Coordinator, (906) 487-7344, Karin.firstname.lastname@example.org
FINLANDIA UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
A review of applications will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Mail or e-mail a letter of application describing qualifications for the position along with resume or curriculum vitae, and names of three professional references to:Dr. Fredi DeYampert
VP Academic & Student Affairs, Dean of the College of Health Sciences
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930