Tour facility, meet staff and enjoy NCAA Division III basketball for free on Monday, February 20
Finlandia Community Wellness welcomes the public to an open house at the Paavo Nurmi Center on Monday, February 20 from 4:30 to 8:30 p.m. This is an opportunity for the community to explore the facility, learn about the programs offered and interact with the staff.
On-site fitness professionals will include Bridget Durocher, Joan Kero, Beth Ryynanen and Shannon Rinkinen. All four will be in attendance at the open house. In addition, the following are free of charge that night:
- All attendees will receive a one-day pass to the strength and conditioning center to use on a future date
- Tours of the 2015-redesigned strength and conditioning center
- Use of the strength and conditioning center that day
- Classes in yoga and functional fitness
- Admission to the Lions basketball games at 5 and 7 p.m.
- One attendee will win a three-month pass to the strength and conditioning center
Functional Fitness will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., immediately followed by a 15-minute introduction class to yoga with Joan Kero. That morning, All Levels Yoga with Joan Kero will be from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Please bring your own mat for yoga classes. All of the classes will be held in the Cardio Studio, which is on the same floor as the strength and conditioning center.
Community wellness classes will be offered February 20 to April 28. All classes are $5, and Punchcards for 10 visits are available for $45. Classes this term include All Levels Yoga, Functional Fitness, and Jogging for Fun and Fitness.
Memberships will also be sold at the event with pricing set at $35 per month. Discounts are available for an annual plan, 10 daily passes, senior citizens, and all Finlandia employees and students receive free access to the facilities.
Connect with Finlandia Community Wellness
- Follow Finlandia Community Wellness on Facebook
- Follow Finlandia Community Wellness on Twitter
- Follow Finlandia Community Wellness on Instagram
Tags: Beth Ryynanen, Bridget Durocher, Joan Kero, Paavo Nurmi Center, Shannon Rinkinen