Please enter a search term to begin your search.
A learning community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service
Finlandia University is committed to offering liberal arts-based, globally connected, international, ecologically sensitive, spiritually engaged, and career focused baccalaureate and associate degree programs, as well as community education opportunities. A dynamic Lutheran institution located in the pristine beauty of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, the university fosters intellectual challenge, open dialogue, service to others, and an entrepreneurial response to a world characterized by change. With a diverse faculty and student body, the university provides a connection to contemporary Finland and celebrates its Finnish-American and community roots. The university works to provide a nurturing, caring community focused on connecting theory and practice to the service of human beings and to good stewardship of natural resources.
The University is committed to the following:
- Offering bachelor and associate degree programs that promote the well being of the human community and the natural environment.
- Providing an atmosphere and environment supportive of open inquiry, personal growth, and collaborative approaches in teaching, campus life, and administration.
- Providing and encouraging opportunities for service to others.
- Maintaining a diverse board, faculty, staff, and student body that includes international members.
- Maintaining programs of mutual cooperation and exchange with institutions of higher education in Finland and other countries.
- Maintaining an active Lutheran presence on campus and promoting the spiritual growth of students, faculty, and staff.
- Serving our region and the Finnish-American community.
- Partnering with individuals, groups, agencies, and institutions in Finland to promote Finnish culture, design, business, and the arts within the United States and abroad.
- Achieving recognized standards of quality for students, employees, programs, service areas, and fiscal performance.