Attention artisans, crafters and vendors!
It is time to celebrate the enduring Finnish American presence in Michigan’s Copper Country in the context of the Republic of Finland’s Centennial.
Now is the time to apply for a spot in the tori (market) at the Finnish American Heritage Center in Hancock.
Due to the large response by vendors, applications may have to be juried with first considerations given to items related to the themes of Finnish, Nordic, handmade and family friendly. Applications are due by 28 April 2017.
The Finnish American Heritage Center:
- One 8-foot table space. (Those requesting no table within their space can only do so in advance.)
- Double tables will only be available under special circumstances.
- Loading and unloading are available through both the front and back doors of the Center, but we ask that you then move your vehicles to the Old Main parking lot across Ryan St., enabling your customers to park nearby, in particular the elderly and those with mobility issues.
- Set-up times are Friday (23 June) 1:00-4:00pm and Saturday (24 Jan) 8:00-10:00 am. The tori opens at 10:00 and runs through 4:00 pm (24 June).
- Tori registration – $40.00. Checks made payable to the Finnish Theme Committee.
- After our deadline of 1st June 2017 deposits are non-refundable.
- Tables are non-transferable.
Applications and queries can be directed to Mary Pekkala – 2008 St. Ann Circle, Hancock, MI 49930 – 906-482-1413 (Mary), 906-370-0555 (Debbie) or 906-487-7309 (Alana) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your participation in Juhannus ’17 Tori chairs:
Mary Pekkala, Debbie Kurtti and Alana Nolan