"Into the Wild" Writing Contest
Is there a little Alexander Supertramp in you? Take a walk into the wild with writing. Tell a story of adventure, whether actual or a creation of your imagination. Submissions may be essay, poetry, short story, or non-fiction. Entries should reflect a theme related to Christopher McCandless's journey into the Alaskan wilderness told in the Finlandia Spring 2012 Campus Read, Into the Wild, by Jon Krakauer
Questions? Contact Rebecca Daly (487-502 or email@example.com) or Terri Martin (487-7512 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Open to all currently enrolled Finlandia University students (Finlandia employees not eligible)
- Submission deadline: 4:00 p.m., March 16, 2012
- One entry per student
- Entries must be submitted electronically to: email@example.com
- Maximum length 1000 words (approximately 4 pages). Poetry submissions: maximum of three poems
- Typed, double spaced
- Standard margins
- Name and page number on each page
- First page heading to include:
- Into the Wild Spring 2012 Writing Contest
- Title of Submission (the name of your piece)
- Your name, phone number & Finlandia e-mail (Note: notification of winners will be made via Finlandia e-mail)
- Winners will be notified no later than April 2nd. Winners will be announced on April 3rd.
- First place winner will have work published in The Lion's Roar and receive recognition in the Finlandia University e-newsletter.
- All submissions will be entered in a drawing for a $25 gift certificate from North Wind Books
- Cash Prizes!
- First Prize: $100
- Honorable Mention: $50