Condon Field, now McAfee Field and the Finlandia University Ahletic Complex, covers approxximatley 11.4 acres in West Hancock. It was acquired by Finlandia
University in 2009 as part of "Campus and Community: Together for Good," an
collaboration which exchanges public school properties for multi-year Finlandia
tuition awards to Hancock Central High School graduates.
Field was donated to Hancock Public Schools in 1941 by Mr. and Mrs. Frank and
Lucille Condon. In 1963 the property was officially named Condon Field to
recognize the Condons' contributions to local athletics.
Generations of Hancock
"Bulldogs" have competed on and cherished this "DAWG" hallowed ground. To
preserve the Condons' legacy, Emma Avenue, the main entry drive into the
athletic complex, has been renamed Condon Way.