Spring Play Auditions
January 9, 2018 9:00 pm - 10:30 pm EDT
Interested in theatre, looking to get involved or interested in a couple unique classes? Then you’ll want to head to the Chapel of St. Matthew tonight between 8:30 and 10 p.m. for spring play auditions.
The play is being directed by Rev. Soren Schmidt who is looking for male and female actors and directing assistants. These are also two courses available. This is open to students, employees and community members.
Needed for Auditions
- Arriving with a prepared brief monologue is welcomed and encouraged!
- Come prepared to read individually and as a group
- Come prepared to interact in theater games
- Come prepared to do some simple acting
- Come prepared to fill our an audition form and have a photo taken
Spring 2018 Plays
The Spring 2018 production will be a double feature event! The two plays, and their prospective roles include:
“I DREAM BEFORE I TAKE THE STAND” BY ARLENE HUTTON
- 1 female role
- 1 male role
Brief Synopsis: A defense lawyer cross-examines a woman during her testimony in a sexual assault case — and in doing so, horribly distorts her perfectly innocent walk in the park.
“CHESTER, WHO PAINTED THE WORLD PURPLE” BY MARCO RAMIREZ
- 1 female role
- 2 male roles (1 younger looking, 1 older looking)
- 1 either role
- possibly 2 other roles
Brief Synopsis: Chester sets out to paint the world purple when he realizes it’s the only color his blind grandfather can see.
Two Associated Courses
- DRM 113 – Play Production (3cr) (this is for actors, actresses, directing assistants) *You must audition to register for DRM 113
- ARD/DRM 135 – Set Design & Construction (1cr) (this is for Art & Design students and those who want to work behind the scenes in creating the sets, operating lights and sound)
Contact Rev. Soren Schmidt with any questions.