Please enter a search term to begin your search.
Course Repeat Policy
Students wishing to repeat a course and remove the prior grade from the cumulative GPA must satisfy each of the following guidelines:
- Courses taken at Finlandia University must be repeated at Finlandia University to activate the policy.
- The highest grade will apply toward the cumulative GPA. The prior grade will be removed only if a subsequent grade of "A" through "D-," or "F," is earned.
- A course may be repeated no more than twice under this policy.
- The course for which the grade has been deleted from computation of the cumulative GPA does not count toward credits earned, but remains on the record as a course attempted.
- The course repeat policy is retroactive to include any course taken at Finlandia University; however, the policy is activated only when exactly the same course is repeated.
- The activation of the repeat policy for a course taken in a prior semester does not affect the academic standing for that semester. Academic standing in a prior semester can be changed only in the event of a grade reporting error.