Athletics Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in varsity athletics at Finlandia University a student athlete must meet current eligibility requirements set forth by athletic conference and national governing bodies, and Finlandia University. For further information please contact the Director of Athletics or the University Registrar. Students who participate in intercollegiate athletics must meet the following eligibility requirements:
Unable to locate document 442
- Student-athletes must maintain a 2.00 GPA and maintain satisfactory academic progress toward a recognized degree. Students on academic warning or probation are ineligible to participate in the athletics program.
- Incoming freshmen must have achieved a minimum high school GPA of a 2.0 to be immediately eligible to participate in intercollegiate athletics at Finlandia.
- Student-athletes must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester at Finlandia. If the course load of a student-athlete drops below 12 credits at anytime during a semester, they are immediately ineligible.
- Student-athletes are ineligible if they earn less than 12 credits in a semester. An incomplete (I) grade in a class does not count toward earned credits. The student athlete remains ineligible until the incomplete grade is completed.
- Student athletes may only participate in intercollegiate athletics during the first ten fulltime semesters of enrollment at any college or university.
- Transfer student-athletes must have achieved at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA at their previous institution to be immediately eligible for athletic participation at Finlandia University. Further, students who have ever participated in intercollegiate athletics must have been academically and athletically eligible if they had remained at the previous institution.