The Tutoring and Learning Center offers ALL Finlandia students FREE tutoring for help in many General Education courses and some upper level courses.
The TLC also offers study skill workshops, study groups, computer literacy development, and the use of a small computer lab.
Peer tutors are recommended by faculty and selected through the work-study program. Professional tutors hold bachelor’s, master’s and/or doctoral degrees in their fields and have professional teaching and/or tutoring experience.
Finlandia University faculty members utilize the TLC to provide students with study aids such as classroom reserve material, review sheets, and past exams.
The TLC is open Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. and is located in Nikander 10. Call (906) 487-7255 with any questions.
Schedule a Tutoring Session
- Chris Hatton – Math, HIstory, Business and Economics
- Donald Wells – Math
- Amanda Rasner – Religion, University Studies, Biology, History, Philosophy, Communications, Psychology, English, Wellness
- Jennifer Kilpela – University Studies, Computers, Chemistry, English, Math
- Natalie Anderson – University Studies, Biology, Health Sciences, Chemistry
- Jason Rice – Religion, University Studies, History, Journalism, Philosophy, ESL, Communication, Psychology, Sociology, English
- Kristie Heinonen – Communication, English
- Frann Grossman – ESL, English
- Melissa Helppi – Nursing, Biology, A & P, English, Psychology, University Studies
- Nicholas Tobey – Computers, University Studies, English, Math
- Christina Krider – Nursing, Science
Tuesday, 9-11:30 a.m., TLC
Thursday, 9-11:30 a.m., TLC