Get hands-on experience conducting independent research in your field of study or broader academic interests in Finland as a Paloheimo Fellow.
- Participate in spring seminar (FNS 301: The Finlandia Connection, 3 credits) followed by May 2016 field research in Tampere, Finland.
- Learn social scientific techniques to observe and describe aspects of Finnish culture and society.
- Gain professional development skills in research, writing, multimedia documentation, and intercultural communication.
- Have an unforgettable experience using Finland as a lens for cross-cultural understanding.
- Due to the generous support of the Paloheimo Foundation, most expenses are covered for travel.
Junior or senior standing by January 2016, with an overall GPA of at least 3.00. Applications are due November 13, 2015.
To learn more about the program or get an application, contact:
Dr. Hilary Virtanen
Finnish and Nordic Studies Program
317 Mannerheim Hall