Get hands-on experience conducting collaborative research in Finland as a Paloheimo Fellow.
- Participate in spring seminar (FNS 490: Paloheimo Fellows Seminar, 3 credits) followed by May field research in Tampere, Finland.
- Learn social scientific techniques to observe and describe aspects of Finnish culture and society.
- Gain professional development skills in research, writing, multimedia documentation, and intercultural communication.
- Have an unforgettable experience using Finland as a lens for cross-cultural understanding.
- Due to the generous support of the Paloheimo Foundation, most expenses are covered for travel.
Competitive application process with up to four awardees annually. Junior or senior standing by Spring Semester required. Applications are evaluated on academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, work ethic, personal maturity, and teamwork ability. Applications are due November 10 each year.
To learn more about the program or get an application, contact:
Dr. Hilary Virtanen
Finnish and Nordic Studies Program
401 Mannerheim Hall