We are more than happy to help get your academic transcripts from Finlandia University (formerly Suomi College) to where you need them.
Students who wish to request transcripts must follow these guidelines:
- Submit a written request or fill out a transcript request form.
- Fill in the form, including signing the request. A personal signature is required to release transcripts.
- Send this written request by mail to the Finlandia University Registrar Office, 601 Quincy Street, Hancock, MI 49930, e-mail a copy to email@example.com or fax to (906) 487-7509.
The following information must be provided:
- Student ID number or social security number
- Name when attending Finlandia University (including any previous names)
- Birth date and years of attendance at Finlandia University (or Suomi College)
- A specific name and address where the transcript should be sent, including the third party contact name
- A current address and phone number to contact you for more information
Please note the following:
- Transcripts cannot be released for students with an outstanding student account balance at Finlandia, or for students in default on a Perkins Student Loan from Finlandia University.
- There is no charge for a transcript issued to a third party; however, if same-day service is needed, there is a $10.00 service charge.
- A personal copy of a transcript on official paper costs $3.00. It is stamped “Issued to Student,” and is considered unofficial.
- Priority mail service is $5.05 (3-5 days), and express mail service is $18.11 (1-2 days), both subject to USPS increases.
- UPS Next Day Service to a physical address is $30.00, subject to UPS increases.
- An unofficial record of classes for personal use can be printed on plain white paper for currently enrolled students.
- Finlandia University does not fax or email transcripts.
- When requesting a personal official copy of a transcript or special mail services, please include a Visa, Master Card, or Discover credit card number, the name on the credit card being used, the expiration date, and the three digit code from the back of the credit card.
If you’re interested in transferring into Finlandia University, visit our TRANSFER ADMISSIONS PAGE.
Other Alumni Services
Become involved in the Alumni Association here at Finlandia University. Learn more about what’s happening with the association, how you can get involved and subscribe to our monthly alumni newsletter.