NOTE: THIS PAGE WILL BE UPDATED ON NOVEMBER 1ST TO REFLECT SPRING & SUMMER 2018 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
If you are interested in attending Finlandia University this fall as a new, transfer, or readmit student, you will want to begin by contacting the Office of Admissions. More information on Admissions can be found here.
Beginning on March 20th, online class registration through the Empower program will be taking place for the fall semester. This page contains a schedule of when you will be eligible to register and a check list that students should complete the following steps.
To do before registering
- Speak with your advisor, dean, or Erin Barnett, Director of Academic Success and Student Life (email@example.com or 906-487-7324) to complete a registration form that will need to be submitted to the Registrar’s office.
- Verify that you do not have any holds on your account. If you have a hold from any department, including financial aid, student accounts, admissions or security, you will NOT be permitted to register for classes.
- You can log into the Empower program online and any holds from these departments will be listed on the Welcome screen. It is your responsibility to clear up the holds that have been placed on your account.
- December 2017 graduates must apply for graduation prior to March 24, 2017.
Fall & summer 2017 Online Registration Schedule
- Master Schedule Fall & Summer 2017 (web)
- EMPOWER Access
- Finlandia Core Courses Comprehensive List (For students under a progress sheet that is 2015-16 or prior)
- Writing Intensive Courses – Fall 2017 (For students under the 16-17 progress sheet or beyond)
- Student Registration Instructions
- FOR FALL 2017: When prompted in EMPOWER for a catalog year, select 2017-2018.
- The ACKNOWLEDGE button is your friend! If you have any PENDING classes that have an “Acknowledge” option, be sure to hit the button to complete the process.
If you have any questions on registration for the upcoming semester, please contact your advisor or someone in the registrar’s office.