New, incoming/transfer students
For questions regarding your scheduling process, please contact your enrollment officer in the Office of Admissions.
Beginning on March 21, online class registration through the Empower program will be taking place for the fall 2018 (and summer 2018) semester. This page contains a schedule of when you will be eligible to register and a check list that students should complete the following steps.
To do before registering
- Meet with your advisor in regards to planning out your schedule. At this point, your advisor will give you a PIN that will allow you to sign up for classes when you are eligible.
- Verify that you do not have any holds on your account. If you have a hold from any department, including financial aid, student accounts, admissions or security, you will NOT be permitted to register for classes.
- You can log into the Empower program online and any holds from these departments will be listed on the Welcome screen. It is your responsibility to clear up the holds that have been placed on your account.
- December 2018 grads must have their graduation applications submitted by March 30.
SUMMER & FALL 2018 Online Registration Schedule
- Sat 24March 23 - April 20
- Fri 20April 20 4:00 pm EDT
- Master Schedule Summer & Fall 2018 (web)
- EMPOWER Access
- Finlandia Core Courses – Fall offerings
- Finlandia Core Courses Comprehensive List (For students under a progress sheet that is 2015-16 or prior)
- Writing Intensive Courses – Summer & Fall 2018 (For students under the 16-17 progress sheet or beyond)
- Writing Intensive Courses – Historical
- Summer 2018 Discounted Courses (A full summer listing is available on the master schedule through Empower)
- Student Registration Instructions
- CATALOG YEAR: If/When prompted in EMPOWER for a catalog year: Summer 2018 is 2017-2018 & Fall 2018 is 2018-2019.
- The ACKNOWLEDGE button is your friend! If you have any PENDING classes that have an “Acknowledge” option, be sure to hit the button to complete the process.
- If a class is full to capacity and you want/need to be in the course, be sure to select the Wait List option on your pending courses.
If you have any questions on registration for the upcoming semester, please contact your advisor or someone in the registrar’s office.