Beginning on March 20th, online class registration through the Empower program will be taking place for the fall semester. This page contains a schedule of when you will be eligible to register and a check list that students should complete the following steps.
To do before registering
- Set up an appointment with your academic advisor to discuss your upcoming schedule. Your advisor will give you a PIN that is specific to you for the upcoming semester. Without this PIN, you will not be able to register for classes online.
- If you are unsure of who your academic advisor is, you can log into the Empower program online for this information. If you continue to have difficulties, you can also stop by the Registrar’s office (Mannerheim 100 & 101) and we can help you get the contact information for your advisor.
- Verify that you do not have any holds on your account. If you have a hold from any department, including financial aid, student accounts, admissions or security, you will NOT be permitted to register for classes.
- You can log into the Empower program online and any holds from these departments will be listed on the Welcome screen. It is your responsibility to clear up the holds that have been placed on your account.
- December 2017 graduates must apply for graduation prior to March 24, 2017.
Fall & summer 2017 Online Registration Schedule
- Master Schedule Fall & Summer 2017 (web)
- EMPOWER Access
- Finlandia Core Courses Comprehensive List (For students under a progress sheet that is 2015-16 or prior)
- Writing Intensive Courses – Fall 2017 (For students under the 16-17 progress sheet or beyond)
- Summer 2017 Discounted courses (Full summer class listing is available through Empower)
- Student Registration Instructions
- FOR FALL 2017: When prompted in EMPOWER for a catalog year, select 2017-2018.
- FOR SUMMER 2017: When prompted in EMPOWER for a catalog year, select 2016-2017.
- The ACKNOWLEDGE button is your friend! If you have any PENDING classes that have an “Acknowledge” option, be sure to hit the button to complete the process.
If you have any questions on registration for the upcoming semester, please contact your advisor or someone in the registrar’s office.