Students interested in studying art and design at Finlandia University are invited to join International School of Art & Design faculty and staff for one of our Studio Days on campus this school year.
Benefits of attending Studio Days
- Meet with current Finlandia art students
- Get a feeling of the atmosphere offered at Finlandia’s International School of Art & Design
- Meet Art & Design faculty
- Explore the incredible facilities in Finlandia’s Jutila Center
- Meet with admissions and financial aid staff
- Prepare your portfolio for our upcoming scholarship competition
$20,000 Competitive Art Scholarship
Thanks to the generous support of Dave and Elsa Brule, we’re offering a $20,000 scholarship for two incoming art and design students. Full details on that competitive scholarship opportunity will be announced late in the fall of 2017, but joining us for a Studio Day will help you understand how you can best prepare yourself for this competition.
Studio Days Dates and Times
Please note that additional dates may be added. Please be sure to RSVP to make sure you’re kept up-to-date on the latest schedule.
Estimated Daily Agenda
Below is an estimated timeline for what will take place during each event. Times may vary, and individual day schedules may change depending on the number of people attending and/or which faculty member will be available. An exact agenda will be sent to you prior to the day of your Studio Days visit.
- 1:00 p.m. Arrival at Finlandia University’s Jutila Center; 200 Michigan Street; Hancock MI 49930
- 1:05 p.m. – Check-in
- 1:30 p.m. – Admissions Meeting
- 2:10 p.m. – Tour of the Art & Design Department
- 2:30 p.m. – Studio Time with Finlandia Faculty (Graphic Design, Intermedia, Ceramics, Integrated Design or Fiber & Fashion Design)
- 3:15 p.m. – Main Campus Tour (optional but recommended)